Your Future is
Worth Fighting for
Our Team is On
Your Side
Our Team is On Your Side
c-img-new c-img-new c-img-new

Contempt of Court

You can reach us at (Ravenna) 330-296-8000 and (Stow) 330-686-2890

What Is Contempt Of Court

If you or your family has already been to court and the court issued an order, then the parties must comply with the items listed in the court order.

For example, a court may issue an order for child support, spousal support, parenting time, etc. If you believe that the other party is not complying with the terms of the court order, then you may consider filing a motion to hold that party in contempt of court. This motion requests the court to enforce temporary and final orders of the court.

After the motion is filed, the court will schedule a hearing so that the opposing party has the opportunity to be heard before a sentence is imposed. If the opposing party is found guilty of contempt, then the opposing party could face a number of consequences.

A party found in contempt of court is required to pay the other party’s attorney fees, could face a jail sentence, and could be ordered to pay fines and court costs.

Experienced Portage And Summit County Attorneys

Whether you need to enforce the terms of a previous court order or you are being accused of violating a court order, our family law attorney can assist you in this matter. We handle all issues relating to Enforcement of Court Orders and Domestic Relations in Portage and Summit Counties.

Contact us at 330-296-8000 (Ravenna Office) and 330-686-2890 (Stow Office) to book your case review.


The website is designed for general information only. Any information on this site is not to be construed as formal legal advice from a criminal defense lawyer, a DUI lawyer, a family law lawyer, or estate planningwillstrusts, and probate lawyer, nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek personal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

The attorneys in our law firm primarily service Portage County courts (Ravenna and Kent) from our office in Ravenna and Summit County courts (Akron, Stow, Barberton) from our office in Stow. Cases in all other courts in North East Ohio, such as Cuyahoga County courts, are handled under specific terms and conditions.